D R A F T
Quote of The Voice announcing St. Brendan High.
St. Brendan High School was originally St. John Vianney Minor Seminary High School. St. John Vianney High School was opened to accept students who were interested in studying for the priesthood. When enrollment declined, the Archdiocese of Miami, under the leadership of Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll, decided to convert the school into a co-educational high school. They changed its name to St. Brendan High School and it opened at the start of the 1975 school year.
The school is primarily committed to serving the educational needs of the Catholic population of the southwest section of Miami. In 1975, 346 students were enrolled in the ninth and tenth grades. By 1977, 870 students were enrolled in the ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grades. At the present time, there are almost 1300 students enrolled in the school.
Principals over the years